Winrow Solicitors

01286 872779

For free initial expert legal advice
contact us now on 01286 872779

Home / Areas of Practice / Immigration Law

Travel Visas

UK Visitor Visa (Standard):

You can apply for a Standard Visitor visa if you want to visit the UK for the following reasons:


visit family or friends;

to conduct some sort of business;

to have private medical treatment;

to get married or enter into a civil partnership with no intention to stay in the UK after the marriage or civil partnership ceremony. If you wish to remain in the UK permanently, please consult Winrow Solicitors so that we can assist you how to apply for a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner;

to take part in sports or creative events;


educational exchanges or visits with a UK state or independent school to broaden horizons and deepen intercultural understanding;

recreational courses such as dancing course, diving course, horse-riding course, for no more than 30 days;

volunteering: for applicants who volunteer for a maximums of 30 days, for a charity that is registered with the Charity Commissions for England & Wales, Northern Ireland, or the Scottish Charity Regulator;

work-related training;

transit visitor;

organ donor visitor;

permitted Paid Engagement visitor;

transit visitor;

academic visitor in excess of 6 months

Visas for travelling within Europe

Schengen visa

The Schengen Visa allows those wishing to visit certain countries within the “Schengen States” without border controls between them to travel using only one visa. The “Schengen States” are: Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland. The Schengen visas consist of the following categories:

Travel visa/short stay visa

Transit visa: transit through the Schengen States

Airport transit visa

Visas for Ireland

Republic of Ireland is not part of Schengen.

Visas for travelling to other countries

Winrow solicitors are able to assist you if you are planning to travel to another countries such as China; USA; Canada; Bangladesh; Vietnam, Indonesia, etc., for a period of exchange; research; study abroad connected to your studies; tourism & leisure; business; etc.

Contact Winrow Solicitors

Contact us to find out more or to arrange a consultation with an experienced immigration solicitor:

Ian Winrow:
01286 872779
Amy Hughes:
07497 777828

Send a message

Your message :

Your name :

Your phone number :

Your email address :

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The information you provide will be only used by us to administer your enquiry and any response. Use of this form does not create a solicitor-client relationship and information transmitted will not necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential. If you are a client, please get in touch with your usual firm contact directly for the most timely response.

I have read and accepted these terms